Friday, February 4, 2011

Only 10 weeks left!

Wow, as of yesterday I am 30 weeks pregnant with our baby girl! I can't believe I only have 10 weeks left. We went to our Dr. appointment yesterday and everything is right on target! The doctor did say though that given that I had a 9lb 7oz normal delivery last time--that this time, they don't want me to go more than 39 weeks or 40 at the absolute most. She said that second babies who follow a big baby are 4-6 oz more than the first one! That would be a 10 pounder. I know the Presley side of my family was known for big babies so maybe it's genetic? I remember my grandmother saying that she had at least 2 babies over 10lbs. Yikes! So we might be having a very early April baby instead of mid-April. I am still praying though that my little girl is born on my Nunny's birthday--April 14th. Whatever God's plan is though, will be! Here's a picture of me at 7 mos.

This week we went to see a kids singer/banjo player on Wed and then had lunch with 5 other moms and kiddos at a cute little pizza shop. One of my mom friends has a 2 year old and a 4 week old. I got to hold the 4 week old and Ethan did SO well with it! He was gently petting the baby's head and tried to give him nuzzles. It gave me hope that he is going to adjust better than I have been thinking! Then today we had his coop playgroup. It was my turn to work. I caught a glimpse of Ethan putting a baby doll in a high chair and trying to pretend feed the baby a variety of things--a huge loaf of fake bread, a fake ice cream cone and then his sippy cup. He is going to be such a good big brother! I just know it :)

We've been reading a lot of books about bringing home baby. His favorite came from Aunt Ann and Uncle Tom. He LOVES that book. We read it 3 x in a row before nap yesterday. We have been using her name a lot too so that he gets used to hearing it. And this weekend we are taking him to pick out a baby doll that he can take care of. He is very excited about this adventure! We have been talking to him about it all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment